Calibration means calibrating the distance between the nozzle and bed to prevent filament spaghetti. Before start printing, do the Calibration and Bed Leveling first.
1. Bed Leveling
1) On type A530 display home, press [Tool] > [Calibration] > [Bed Leveling] menu.
2) The bed can be leveled by measuring the degree of inclination of the bed. Press the
[Check] button to start the measurement.
3) Turn the leveling knob on the bottom of the bed as many as the revolutions displayed in
the screen. Press the [Check Again] button to measure is again.
2. Z Offset
The gap between the nozzle and the bed can be adjusted.
- Please clean the nozzle tip thoroughly before proceed Z offset calibration. Any debris
on the nozzle tip can negatively affect measurement process and height calibration.
- Auto calibration action may take some time as it includes preheating and nozzle
1) On [Calibration] Menu, press [Z Offset] then press [Start] of auto calibration.
2) When auto calibration done, press [Additional Calibration].
3) Press [Start] of print pattern menu.
4) When printing job done, total 4 pattern will be printed. As shown on below picture,
measure the height of central part of printed pattern including the raft using measuring
tool such as vernier caliper.
- Measure each printed part by nozzle #1, and find the average value of all four.
- Measure each printed part by nozzle #2, and find the average value of all four.
- From printed pattern, longer side being printed by nozzle #1.
- If the average value is within ±0.05mm compared to reference value of 5mm, then no
additional adjustment is required hence no need to enter any value.
5) Enter average value of nozzle #1 and #2, and press [Save].
6) In case of enter incorrect value or need to reset calibrated result, press [Reset Offsets].
- Additional calibration values will be reset when auto calibration performed again.
3. Nozzle Calibration
The position in the X and Y-axis directions between Nozzle 1 and Nozzle 2 can be corrected. When two nozzles intersect to print, they can be printed on the same coordinates.
- If the positioning of Nozzle 1 and Nozzle 2 is incorrect, the print quality may be
1) Press the [XY Calibration] button to print the pattern for XY calibration.
- If pressing the [Enter Calibration Value] button, you can directly input the calibration value without printing the calibration pattern.
2) When printing is complete, input the number of the line that forms the most straight line
among the lines printed by nozzle 1 and nozzle 2.
If there are no straight lines, enter the number of the nearest line.
After entering the value, press [Save] and print the calibration pattern again to check.
- The value of the X axis center is 0, the left end is -10, and the right end is 10.
- The value of the Y-axis center is 0, the upper end is -10, and the lower end is 10.
3) After entering the value, click [Save].